FORENSIC BIOLOGY TRAININGS COLOGNE
- 1 PLEASE CHECK THIS PAGE REGULARLY FOR NEW INFORMATION!
- 1.1 Big International Forensic Biology Training for Students (Summer Training) -- DO APPLY NOW!
- 1.2 HOW TO ATTEND
- 1.3 WRITTEN APPLICATION
- 1.4 FORENSIC BIOLOGY TRAINING RULES
- 1.5 CERTIFICATES AND PROTOCOLS
- 1.6 KURS-INFOS (DEUTSCH)
- 1.7 INFO CONCERNING THE TRAINING (ENGLISH)
- 1.8 APPLICANTS AND PARTICIPANTS FORENSIC SUMMER TRAINING 2017
- 1.9 PAYMENT INFO
- 1.10 SLIDE RULES FOR YOUR SPEECH
- 1.11 Training Pics (very small choice)
PLEASE CHECK THIS PAGE REGULARLY FOR NEW INFORMATION!
Big International Forensic Biology Training for Students (Summer Training) -- DO APPLY NOW!
Next Cologne (Germany) Trainings in 2017: There will be two DIFFERENT trainings in August 2017:
→ First training, August 3rd-5th, 2017 -- TOPIC: "Now you know why": Blood & interpretation of experimental results
(this training will be about a lot of blood as well as a good and clear interpretation based on numbers and experiments)
→ This first training takes three days (not one day, not four days), August 3-5, 2017
→ Second training, August 9th, 2017 -- TOPIC: Rough & Dirty Insect Training - One Day of Insects from Corpses in the Lab
→ This second training takes one day (not two days, not four days)
→ You can take part in both trainings, if you are 17-24 years old
→ Fee in 2017:
- first training (blood): 230 €
- second training (insects): 160 €
→ We do not have any sponsors. After application, we will tell you where to send the money. There is no refund of the money, under absolutely no circumstance. The training is for free, the inscription is not.
→ University students: Depending on your protocol, you will get a certificate (Schein) that is signed by Mark Benecke.
HOW TO ATTEND
If you wish to apply, please send an e-mail to:
with the following information:
your name, your university, your age and your focus of study.
- Number of seats is severely restricted: Apply now! It's going to be fun -- yay!
- Achtung, schnell bewerben, alle Trainings sind immer Monate, teils auch ein Jahr im Voraus ausgebucht. Es handelt sich um kleine Gruppen!
You must write a one page application IN ENGLISH in which:
- you explain why you are scientifically interested in the topic (not movies, we do not care about movies)
- you tell us which scientific articles and books you read concering the matter at hand.
FORENSIC BIOLOGY TRAINING RULES
- Age limits: 17 to 24 for students of natural sciences (valid student ID & state ID ("Perso") necessary) & very skilled pupils (good Facharbeit would be nice)
AGE RESTRICTION IS NOT TO BE DISCUSSED -- DO NOT ASK US IF YOU ARE OLDER
- You must bring a valid student ID and a valid personal ID card. No cards, no entry. Also, send all this via postal service after we ask you.
- You must speak English to attend. In 95% of the cases, international guests are present. We speak english only during the whole training.
- You must send us also the following participation sheet: click participation sheet here
- You must send the above mentioned one page application as well as the participation sheet ON PAPER to our postal box: Mark Benecke, Postfach 250411, 50520 Köln.
- There will be lots of reality and work in the training. If you prefer to sit around and just listen, do not apply.
- Daily hours: Doors open 9:45 a.m. sharp to 5 p.m. sharp; there will be a super short lunch break (30-45 min), bakeries are around the corner.
- You must give a speech on a forensic topic. We will talk to you about this once you are a participant.
- Read some of the articles here before the class starts. Really, do it.
- You do not need to bring any lab stuff (no forceps, no dissecting material, no lenses).
- Absolutely NO BITCHING in the training! If you bitch, Mark will get you.
CERTIFICATES AND PROTOCOLS
Jede Art von Kursbestätigung (egal, welcher Art) gibt es nur gegen ein vernünftiges Protokoll, das bis zur vereinbarten Deadline im Postfach liegen muss. Bitte plant diese Zeit beim Protokollschreiben ein! Es genügt, wenn das Protokoll 10 Seiten einschließlich Abbildungen ist; der Arbeitsaufwand für ein vernünftiges Protokoll dürfte bei ca. 2 Tagen liegen. Details und Regeln des Protokolls werden im Kurs besprochen.
- The certificate is accepted by most universities. However, talk to your professor beforehand ;)
- We will not hand out any other kind of "Bescheinigung", just a certificate concerning your participation if you deliver a good protocol.
- Please note that the training language is strictly english. This means that the protocol must be delivered in english, too.
- Kursbeginn: 10:00 Uhr sharp
- Türen öffnen sich um 9:45 hrs (a.m.) sharp
- Kursende: 17:00 Uhr sharp
- Kursort: Der Kurs findet in der Landsberg-Str. 16, 50678 Köln statt.
- ACHTUNG: NICHT LANDSBERGERSTRASSE!
(Bitte auf einem Plan nachsehen, es gibt zwei Strassen mit ähnlichem Namen). Unser Kurs ist in der Südstadt, ganz in der Nähe der Severin-Str. / Severinsbrücke.
- Wer zu früh da ist und vorher noch einen Kaffe trinken will: Auf der Severin-Str. gibt es jede Menge Bäckereien, Metzgereien und Cafés. Abgesehen davon erhält jeder Kursteilnehmer genug Kaffee, Tee und Kekse während des Tags.
KLICK BITTE HIER FÜR INFOS ZU ANFAHRT & ÜBERNACHTUNG
INFO CONCERNING THE TRAINING (ENGLISH)
- Training start: 10:00 hrs (a.m.) sharp (i.e., you sit; no more arrivals, no more coffee)
- Doors open at 9:45 hrs (a.m.) sharp
Training end: 17:00 hrs (a.m.) sharp
- Training adress: Street: Landsberg-Str., house number: 16, ZIP: 50678, city: Cologne. NOTE: N O T (!) LANDSBERGER STREET
(please check the map here there are two streets that sound similar). Our training is close to Severin-Str. / Severins bridge over the river Rhine.
- There are a lot of bakeries around, please bring your cookies & bread. We have a kitchen with everything except food.
- There will be coffee and tea, though.
FOR INFO ABOUT TRAVEL AND SLEEP PLS CLICK HERE
APPLICANTS AND PARTICIPANTS FORENSIC SUMMER TRAINING 2017
- Lena Keufgens - pls pay fee until June 15th -- if you do not pay the fee until June 15th, you cannot and will not take part in the training :(
- Nastasja Burgardt - pls pay fee until June 15th -- if you do not pay the fee until June 15th, you cannot and will not take part in the training :(
- Sebastian Großmann - pls pay fee until June 15th -- if you do not pay the fee until June 15th, you cannot and will not take part in the training :(
- Maximilian Zimmermann - pls pay fee until June 15th -- if you do not pay the fee until June 15th, you cannot and will not take part in the training :(
- Lisa Printz - pls pay fee until June 15th -- if you do not pay the fee until June 15th, you cannot and will not take part in the training :(
- Ulrike Dauter - pls send required documents until June 10th // pls pay fee until June 15th -- if you do not send the documents until June 10th and pay the fee until June 15th, you cannot and will not take part in the training :(
- Stella Damoser
Forensic Entomology Training
PLEASE NOTE: WE ARE NOT SURE IF THIS TRAINING WILL TAKE PLACE - PLEASE CHECK THIS PAGE REGULARLY!!!
- Sebastian Großmann - pls wait for further information via email
- Lisa Printz - pls wait for further information via email
The money will not be given back, neither for illness, dead grandmother nor any other reason. You pay the application fee, the training itself is free. No refunds.
You will not take part in the training even you have paid, but did not send everything until the deadline (in this special case you will get the money back, however)!
SLIDE RULES FOR YOUR SPEECH
Please click HERE to get our slide rules
==PLEASE CHECK THIS PAGE REGULARLY FOR NEW INFORMATION! ==
Training Pics (very small choice)
Some trainings pics HERE